Remote Buddy gives you a refreshing look at your media files on your Mac. Thanks to a sleek interface, you'll be able to browse through all your video, music photos and do much more. Remote Buddy also supports an impressive array of other hardware like the Apple Remote, and many mobile devices of which the latest additions are the iPhone and the iPod Touch. We also really liked how the program has an interface for each device. Remote Buddy is fully customizable and you can change just about anything, like mapping buttons or creating your own actions. We really liked how you can create behaviors for each application, although this might be a bit too complex for inexperienced users. Thanks to its integrated file browser its very easy to look for files, although you may sometimes have to go back to the root folder. Overall an excellent program that boosts the remote control features of your Mac, whether you want to make presentations or just play any sort of media.
- Enhancement: Improved appearance on Retina displays.
- Fix: Remote Buddy no longer shows a Built-in IR Receiver on Macs that actually don't have one.
- Fix: Sony BD Remote now pairs correctly under OS X 10.8.2, if the remote hasn't previously been paired with the Mac. A reboot after the initial pairing is no longer required. Please see the FAQ if you have trouble pairing a unit that you had paired with your Mac before. My thanks go to the great engineers at Apple, without whose work this issue could not have been solved!
- Fix: The Setup Wizard will now wait longer for a Bluetooth remote to show up.
- Fix: Remote Buddy no longer hangs and crashes, if you close the menu while a file item is selected and remains selected upon reopening the menu (thanks Volker for reporting the issue!).